Badhaai Do to a New Era of Love

 After a long time I saw a movie in a theatre and thought it was every bit worth it.

The trailers and the marketing campaign have already cleared the heart of the matter. Lavender wedding. Small town idiosyncrasies. Yes we have all of that. My blog is not really a review. I want to talk about the things that really caught my attention and they are scattered over a few different segments.
Trends that will come back -
Bhumi Pednekar was her usual suave self but the style that she sported is here to stay.
She is seen sporting flannel shirts layered over mute coloured camisoles with jeans. Or are they called plaid shirts? Let me know in the comments.
The straight hair look. Oh yes, that’s here to say. Shoulder length straight haired look gave a flavor of clean sleek mindset.
All of her scenes show that she had no make-up on her eyes. Which I think is a great think. That’s probably because I am in favor of an au-naturel look. The point I am trying to make here is people can look wonderful even without, kohl, mascara and eyeshadow. Women with beautiful big eyes should definitely give it a try. Look at the world with your bare peepers gals!!
The nude pink lipstick was a signature color that Bhumi wore all through the movie. And I am all set to find one of those shades. I have to see #AparnaGanesh, #ShreyaJain or #ShwetaVijay's channel to find a color closest to that shade.
She is seen carrying a small bag made of leather with a flap. I am not in favor of bags with flaps but the reason I noticed it is she was carrying it with all her looks. The jeans and shirts, the shawl draped winter garments, the chiffon leheriya saree. Whats more it looked great. I googled later to find what it is called.Its called the Tooled leather bag. I think this style is meant to be sustainable and it can be carried in multiple ways.
She is also seen wearing floral dresses in the scenes from Goa. I think every girl should have a set of flared flowy floral dresses. Is it the dress or Bhumi's walk on the beach with the waves in the background that gave such a sense of calm and abandon. A feeling that you are one with the world and everything is just so wholesome and good.
Chiffon sarees that she wore I bet are going to be hot sellers. It's not like the sarees are new in style and fashion. They have been in the market for some time. I think they just don’t get enough credit.
Oh but there are those Kashmiri shawls that had been draped with the saree that made them stand out. We have all seen our grandma's wearing a beige dull large shawl and thought its drab. No its not drab. It can be styled very smartly even with western outfits. I am rooting for it. Let me know if any of you try it and feel comfortable in sharing pics. I want to start a styling page of my own and would love the support of my friends and blog-viewers.
The romance-
Awwwwww...... This movie made me want to fall in love all over again. It taught me loving can be so easy and so simple.
The songs have been playing on loop on #Wynk and #youtube on my phone and PC. Atak gaya hai..... Hum toh isi gaane pe atak gaye (I got stuck on this song). The first flush of love was masterfully expressed by Rajkumar when the song played and he was seen riding a bike. He had just met #GuruNarayan and was.... I am not able to put words to it. Please watch the scene where he and Guru meet as and when its available.
We are definitely in love with #gulshandevaiah. I will tell you why in the meantime watch #badhaaido and subscribe to the channel.
Special note on #gulshandevaiah. Love means to have courage to face the one you love... face the world with the one you love... sometimes by his side ... sometimes by her side... sometimes with your back pushed against each other's. But courage it takes. so once again #badhaaido to all those who have love and #courage This character displayed both to the hilt. That's why we love #guruarayan

What else will come back is NORMALISING acceptance. Normalising love .
Koi nahi samjhega to sab koi samjhega
Kaam dono mein batega
Starting like room mates. The idea is great for newly weds. Why not? A relationship need not start from passion and physicality. It can start on a light and less than friendly practical note, till love sneaks in.
Dheet ki tarah baithe rehna when asked to make tea

Tameez se baat karne ko bolna
Bikes pe romance

Comments