Jawan - Thoughts after watching the movie


So, I watched #Jawan. Late. It's been a few weeks since the release. I don't mind accepting that am a frugal movie goer or a comfy-with-ott movie watcher.

How did I find it?

Remember #hindustani by #kamalhassan and #nayak with #AnilKapoor? The movie echoed that a bit. It did have ideas for social changes. Unrealistic? A bit. Idea-wise? Great. I liked the idea. I don't mind being the VC for someone who wants to start a startup to implement these ideas.

I want to skip that and jump to #SanjayDutt

Looks like my love for him overpowered everything about the movie. He was a heart warmer and a delight on screen. A perfect blend of comedy, brawn and cunning. I don't have much to say other than this.

About the movie, I was half expecting this gang of six girls that Shahrukh had would have stories and histories and the movie would go on exploring each one's pain and suffering.  But it did not (hear a faint wail). I was curious about #Priyamani's story and also the character named Helena. A new face and very refreshing.

I hope Shahrukh can really start the trend of single mothers getting happily married. Seeing Nayanthara being serenaded by Shahrukh was a delight. Being a single mother, it really made me fawn over the scene and long for a relationship like that. In my experience single mothers get treated like trash, .......... Men think they are doing her a favor by.... I will keep this for another blog and stick to a #moviereview.

I felt Vijay Sethupathi's character could have been given some more layers. He was a caricature-ish villain and I felt it wasn't a well-rounded character.

Like always here's a great #Youtubers link and review  

#somewhatfilmy review https://youtube.com/shorts/d5O5aiA5e0E?si=N3rNyDJ2C3GmDqV4

#movie #moviereview #ott #comedy #throwback #inspiredideas #lifeskills

Comments