I saved 22% on the original bill amount during the Nykaa Sale

It wasn't long ago that the Nykaa Summer Super Saver sale went by. This blog is about how I made the best of the sale. Some practical tips. Even if you are not much of a cosmetic aficionado you might make use of some of my tricks.

22% is the aggregate saving figure. If I had bought each product at full price I would have paid about Rs 400 more than I paid for the sale.

Tip no. 1

Stock up on bath essentials. Body wash, face wash, shampoos, soaps, hair oils, body oils and lotions. These products are required all through the year. Changing fragrances once in a while can lift your mood. They make for good giftable stuff. They take the load off of your monthly budget.

Buying high end anti-ageing products is also something I recommend. These products are like investments that reap great benefits for your skin in the long run.

Tip no. 2

Keep your wish list ready at all times. Not just Nykaa, many online shopping apps have a quirky heart button, that you can click on and wish list your product. This allows you to make quick and easy selection during a sale. There is no point browsing for hours to get the best out of a sale. Instead browse a little often and during the sale just bag the product. 

Tip no. 3

This tip is closely related to the previous one and an expansion on the research aspect of shopping. I follow a lot of beauty bloggers. #ShreyaJain, #ChetaliChaddha, #ShwetaVijay, #Jovita.. and I am not limited to them. Its good to stay informed about the kind of product you want. Whether its a cream blush or a powder blush, weather its a glossy finish lipstick or a satin matte, we need to be informed and updated about what will be most suitable for us. Watching the YouTubers/ Beauty Bloggers has given me a lot of knowledge about, colors, finishes, skin care.

Tip no.4

The sales can be advantageous if you plan to or like to gift cosmetics to your friends. I loved a body mist by Nykaa, which was gifted to me by my sis-in-law and having experienced it in person, I knew it is something many of my gal-pals would love. 

Sometimes the sales have twin packages on offer. Take it. One for yourself and the second one for your sis or bestie.

My only advice in this case would be buy gifts that you have tried and tested yourself. We want to be convinced about the worthiness of a cosmetic when we give it to others.

Tip no.5

Get experimental! Why not? If you have felt unsure about a certain product, but it tempted you, but the price discouraged you a bit, take a chance during a sale. You don't have to pay the full price. You get to try the product first hand and see if it is a good fit for your body or skin type. If it doesn't click.... ummm... then may be comb through my blogs to see if I have an alternate use for any of the products. I do that often. Not because it's fun but because I don't like wasting things and it is always wise to find a wise alternate use of the product :)

My blogs are: Wandering thoughts (wordpress.com) and BLOG | The gypsy's diary (diary-of-a-gypsy-soul.com). I haven't made up my mind about what content goes where. But am sure with a little help from my readers, I will be able to organize it. For now. I post all the content in all the three places .


Let me know if you have any hacks like the above. Would love to add to the list and also gorge up on new intel.
 

Comments