A quick Review: Purna Gummies Sweet Dreamzzz (Melatonin)

 

So I tried a pack of 30 gummies and got them from Nykaa for Rs. 99. I have been suffering from sleeplessness and used to stay awake till 2 am. I tried to be regular with the gummies and stopped after 20 days just for experimental purposes. Since I was focused on my sleep and  wanted to improve the quality, I had a chance to make a lot of observations. I will start with the gummies and then some general points about sleep.

The Purna gummies

  • They don't look cute or lavender in color
  • They taste just like a candy. so don't expect anything exceptional
  • I would take it at 10:00 pm to ensure I am asleep by 11:00 pm
  • First few days I did fall asleep and felt refreshed in the morning.
  • I would not feel sleepy or tired in the mornings
  • Did I wake up in the middle of the night? Yes, I did and the timings varied. But that could be because the AC got too cold
  • The day I skipped them, I still fell asleep and had good sleep
  • In the morning I did feel a lil' groggy. So I believe melatonin helps you to feel brighter in the morning
Let's move on to my general observations about sleep.
  • One can feel sleepy after a heavy meal and it's good to cash in on that slump and go off to sleep
  • There is usually a time when your body gives you a tip that please shut down. Don't ignore it. Go off to sleep then.
  • If you fight against it and keep watching the screen, that slump will dissipate in 30 mins or a lil' less
  • Try to finish your night rituals immediately after dinner so that, if the Sleep-fairy visits you, you can let her play her part
  • I observed if I am sleepy, but I had to brush my teeth, the sleepiness would vanish a few minutes after brushing
General Suggestions
  • Sleep is important and don't undermine its importance for your heart and skin's well being
  • Use the gummies to train your sleep pattern, don't become dependent on it
  • Get yourself diagnosed for stress, anxiety or any other maladies that are not physical in nature. Taking help from therapists can help reduce stress and anxiety and allow your body to surrender to restful sleep
  • If working out, yoga or stretching works for you, then try it. Any physical form of activity has a psychosomatic effect on us.
  • Understand your sleep clock, when do you feel sleepy. Work around that schedule, so that you can sleep when your body asks for it.
  • Napping during the day is not wrong, it could help set your body's rhythm
  • If listening to music, podcasts and audio books helps you fall asleep, try it.
And with that I have run out of ideas... if you have more ideas, do share.

Comments