3 unusual hair hacks (but simple hacks)

 


I have called the hacks unusual because these are not what people usually talk about. Also I am not talking about any cosmetic or brand in particular. These are things that I have tried and it has shown effect on my hair.

After your shampoo and conditioning routine, wash your hair with water that you drink. Usually water meant for drinking purposes is extra filtered, cleaner, free of sediments and may have lower iron content. If the last rinse of your hair is with this kind of water, you can be sure a lot of impurities would be gone from the scalp and shaft of your hair . Try this, I saw visible difference in terms of roughness reduction and a shine in my hair. You might need 1 liter or a little more water to rinse thoroughly depending on the length and density of your hair. That’s the first one.

My second hack is for times when I don’t have time to oil my hair before a shampoo. I dampen my hair and massage conditioner into my hair. This allows the hair to soak some nourishment and moisture. Makes up for the lack of oil and does what a conditioner is supposed to do. If the conditioner is suitable for being applied to the scalp, its even better. Please don’t mix this hack up co-washing (google it, its a popular topic). Spend about 10-15 mins with hair tied in a bun and then rush for a bath and go ahead with a normal shampoo. The shampoo cleans the hair and the conditioner. This followed by a leave-in serum should do the trick on a Sunday morning, when you are headed to the movies with friends.

The third one and the last one is from a time when I had to be at office everyday at 10 am. A friend had given me the tip. She asked me to wash my hair at night before, I slept. The hair would get enough time to air dry.(Oh people who catch cold easily, be cautious with this hack, make sure you completely towel dry your hair and don’t fall asleep with a damp head.) Since you are not outside your home, any chance for dust or impurities to settle in your hair is minimal. You don’t need to use hot blow dryer. The hair gets to dry on its own at a natural pace. The next day a few drops of serum and a good brushing would leave my hair looking salon set.

Let me know if you have any such unusual hacks and if it has shown results ðŸ™‚

Till then Ciao and stay beautiful!!

Comments