10 Thoughts on Women's Day

 

  1. Oh! Valentine's day is over its March now. That was Feb. Hmm. Gosh the tax submissions. Why does the Financial Year have to end in March.

  2. I still have to prepare dinner and get the laundry in order. The living room is a mess. Have to tidy it.

  3. I am tired of the wishes coming in and having to check before responding with a "Same to you dear". Can't wish the men with that.

  4. When was the Men's day again?

  5. Are there any mandatory holidays in March preferably on a week day. I need a break. Am tired. Let me check my calendar.

  6. Its 8th of the month - the auto debits must have happened by now. Let me see if I have any scope of buying myself a tiny something. A women's day gift may be. That fossil watch, that smart earrings on Quirksmith's site.

  7. What's with this celebrating Alexa and Siri (the only women who listen..)

8. I hope some of these gadgets get names like Alexander and Sverre. May they have their grand launches on Nov 19th.

9. Mummy never saw so many days being celebrated. She was so amused by the Happy mother's day wishes.

10. The next BIG day to celebrate or may be get a holiday is in May. Labor's Day. At least in India. I wonder why no one wishes us (women) on labors day. Cause in every way all we are doing is laboring mentally and physically. We are primary care givers of our new-borns even though we ourselves need a lot of care. We are taking care of our homes, husband, kids, elders, the kitchen, the laundry and our only means of being financially free - our jobs (includes bosses, colleagues, peers, subordinates). More labor. Thanks to covid no house help. Some more physical labor. Then why is W's day being celebrated at all? Its not like we are allowed to take the day off and chill. On children's and teachers day both parties get to take the day off. What's so different about this day. It's not like men treat us better for being procreators or having b***s. They are still sly, cruel sometimes, largely inconsiderate. Have we achieved anything much other than helping sell the extra productions for V day within a month's timeline?


Doesn't feel like anything is different on this day. Nothing womanly about it. I wish I knew what an actual W's day should be like. If you have thoughts around it and are reading, scribble it in the comments. I will soon write about what might make motherhood a happy experience for a woman.

Comments