Your Relationship with Money

 https://youtube.com/shorts/YgOxw6VJbL0?si=2dkHIiC897-g_0Eg



I saw this #shorts and I liked what #salmahayek mentions. She says she wanted money so that she did not have to think about money. 

That thought is pretty profound. I too want to have money so that I don't have to think about it. I have to think a lot before buying anything normal, useful but beyond 1000Rs I have to think. I look for offers and discounts. I wish I didn't have to and I could buy things at reasonable rates, that are important and useful for me and within a reasonable period of time. Delayed gratification is great but waiting days and years and months... That's sort of morose. Isn't it?

So how do we strike the right balance. How do we build our relationship with money. how do we have the right attitude towards money?

I am not saying it's the same formula that everyone should adopt. Human beings as a species are so varied that one size fits all will never work.

I guess I should think about all the things that I want. How much of money I can spend every month a year and per day. Then look at what are the things that are on my list but not with an urgent tag. I mean how long can I wait and would I like to wait for some of the things.

May be then I will have an estimate of how much money would keep me happy. And then some to cushion myself.

I know I am thinking aloud and nothing is conclusive. I have not been able to figure out my formula either. I watch a lot of finfluencers speak and lay down rules. But they too can be divided into several segments. There is an earning part and there is a savings part and then there is investment. Investment is a futuristic thing. So the money that you keep aside for future when you can't earn actively and that which will multiply over the years. There are different ways to take care of it.

Savings is like having a ready liquid fund for emergencies, expenses for home and home renovation, gadgets, celebrations holidays. This category of money will not grow and will have a depreciating effect on our overall funds. Always.

Now comes the earning. I think the current generation nis heavily hustling only in this segment. Good jobs, more investment, business expansion, job change, promotion,skill upgradation. The list goes on. Now this is important but if we can find time the other two elements may be the pressure of earning more can be reduced.

This is what I think but am not sure if this is the right way to look at it. So currently I am still trying to figure out my relationship with money.

I really wish some experts throw light on this topic and help me build a great relationship with money.


Comments